Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This place includes destinations within 5 hours of DFW where you can go hiking without having to spend the night. You may be allowed to spend the night, but you do not have to.
- This page only includes unpaved trails. For a list of destinations with paved trails, see Paved Paths.
- NTTR (North Texas Trail Runners)
1 Foot Trails by Distance
1.1 More than 20 Miles
- Caprock Canyons State Park and Trailway • 64 miles point to point from trailhead to trailhead •
- LBJ National Grasslands • 75 miles of interconnecting multi-use equestrian trails • Camping is allowed at most points along the trail • Not entirely secluded from rural asphalt roads and fence lines
- Four C Hiking Trail • 20 miles point to point from trailhead to trailhead • Located in the Davy Crockett National Forest • Camping allowed alongside the trail
- Ray Roberts Greenbelt Trail • 17.3 miles point to point from trailhead to trailhead, with an additional 3.5 miles each way out and back at the north end •
1.2 More than 10 Miles
- Lake Mineral Wells State Park and Trailway • 19.8 miles point to point from Weatherford to Mineral Wells • Camping only at Lake Mineral Wells State Park at mile 14 via a short connecting trail
- Cross Timbers Trail • 15 miles point to point from trailhead to trailhead
1.3 More than 5 Miles
- Good Water Trail at Lake Georgetown
- Hill Country State Natural Area
- Lost Maples State Park
2 Foot Trails by Location
2.1 Four DFW Counties
To sign up to contribute to the wiki, or to report any broken links or other issues to the Wiki Administrator.