Lake Bob Sandlin State Park
- Location: 1 hr 45 min (115 miles) E of Dallas in I-30, near Mount Pleasant.
- Reservations: Car-camping campsites: [0801 Reservations allowed]. Primitive campsites: no reservations, first come first served.
- Cost: Entrance fee • Annual Youth Pass instead of entry fee • Campsite fee • Group site fee • Screened shelter fee
- On-site contact: 903-572-5531
Edits and additional comments can be added to this section.
- The park is heavily wooded with a mix of oak and pine forest.
- Car Camping. The park has the usual state park campsites in the Fort Sherman and Cherokee Trace camping areas, each with a car slip, water faucet, fire ring, picnic table, and nearby restrooms and showers.
- Primitive Camping. The park has two heavily wooded and flat primitive camping areas that require backpacking in at least 1/4 mile (or up to over a mile if creative) on an easy multi-use trail. Total 16 sites, max 8 people per site. Primitive toilets at each primitive camping area. No ground fires, no potable water, one primitive camping area is next to a small pond. These primitive site cannot be reserved in advance. If the primitive campsites are full, it is possible to backpack at least 0.4 miles (or up to 2.0 miles from the Day Use Area) to campsites in the Fort Sherman camping area.
- Group Pavilion. One group pavilion is available to rent in the day use area by the boat ramp, but not for overnight camping.
- Trails. The park has a total of 3.3 total miles of multi-use trails (foot and bike, not horse).
- Water Activities. The park is located on the shore of 9,000 acre Lake Bob Sandlin. Swimming, fishing, paddling, motorboating, boat ramp.
Additional links to pictures can be added to this section. Pictures are not hosted on this wiki page so that it will load quickly.
- Park Website, click on "More >>"
- Directions to: 341 State Park Road 2117, Pittsburg, TX 75686
- Ten-day weather forecast: 75686
- On-site ranger: 903-572-5531
- Local law enforcement: call
- Nearest emergency care and hospital: UT Health Pittsburg slightly closer at 2701 US-271 N, Pittsburg, TX 75686, 903-946-5000 • Titus Regional Medical Center at 2001 North Jefferson Ave., Mt. Pleasant, Texas 75455, 903-577-6000
To sign up to contribute to the wiki or to report any broken links or other issues to the Wiki Administrator.