Jump to navigation Jump to search
1 Lead Organizations
- Dallas Downriver Club is the principal paddling group in DFW.
2 River Flow
- River flow matters to both safety and enjoyability. In Texas, do not just check it once and assume it will not change. Many rivers are dammed, and if you are floating downstream, next week's water flow is what matters, and it is totally within the power of the Corps of Engineers. So call to find out what the flow is.
- Rivers App
3 Safety Requirements
Safety Afloat, swim checks, and qualified lifeguards
4 Paddling Destinations
4.1 Four DFW Counties
- Trinity River between Lake Ray Roberts and Lake Lewisville
- White Rock Creek in Dallas
- Village Creek in Arlington
- Fort Parker State Park provides a half day trip on smooth water
- Brazos River below Possum Kingdom Lake
- Colorado River, central Texas
- Guadalupe River rafting, central Texas
- Nueces River, east Texas
- Sabine River, east Texas
- Rio Grande
4.3 Arkansas, East Oklahoma, South Missouri
- Illinois River East Oklahoma
- Ouachita River, Arkansas
- Arkansas River, Arkansas
- Spring River, Missouri
- Perhaps: Glover River, Eagle Fork River, or Upper Mountain Fork River
- Cossatot River, Caddo River, Ouachita River
- Buffalo River, Arkansas
- Rivers and Rapids: Canoeing, Rafting and Fishing Guide; Texas, Arkansas and Oklahoma by Bob Nolan and Ben Narramore. Especially helpful for the Trinity River System in Dallas-Fort Worth.
To sign up to contribute to the wiki or to report any broken links or other issues to the Wiki Administrator.